This post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you click on a link.
Since I am homeschooling my preschool twins, I am constantly looking for ways to supplement my preschool homeschool curriculum. Sometimes it's hard to try to fit everything in a day, which is the main reason why I designed my preschool homeschool curriculum to be flexible. But even then, I may have to switch things around or skip a day. That's why I'm happy that I found ABCmouse.com .
Some days you need 15-20 minutes of time, and ABCmouse is the perfect website for my children to have fun and still be learning. Now, honestly my children don't get screen time daily (we don't even own a television), but when they do, I like it to be educational. I love the fact that ABCmouse is the the leading and most comprehensive digital early learning resource for children ages 2–8. The program now has over 8,500 standards- based learning activities and 850+ lessons across 10 levels.
1. Assessment- I liked being able to log in and start the assessment first. You don't have to guess where your child is, they can take the pre-assessment (we did a few at a time), then the program tells you what activities your child needs to work on. I was pleasantly surprised that my children had already mastered the PreK skills and were ready for the Kindergarten skills (which I credit to Kinderstar).
2. Multiple Users- You can get up to 3 users on one account. This is great for moms with multiple young children like myself. My twins and my 6 yr old have their own avatar, which shows in the corner when they log in. I like how cost effective it is instead of having to pay for multiple licenses.
3. Weekly Emails- the emails are very informative and tell you about the program, as well as other benefits.
4. Progressive Experience- the program grows with your child as they learn, so you know that they are always working on what they need.
5. Use on any Device- this is important for me! Regardless if you are on a tablet, smartphone, or computer you can log into ABCmouse. This is the perfect busy activity when you are out and about and need to keep your child entertained, and they can still be learning as well.
6. Music & Songs- Preschoolers learn through music, and ABCmouse has a large collection of songs children like to listen to.
7. Audiobooks- ABCmouse reads the books to children, which helps them learn how to pronounce words, listen to a book read fluently, and get an opportunity
8. Engaging Activities- From puzzles, coloring, to letter story videos, there are so many fun and engaging activities on ABCmouse. Children like to have a variety, and ABCmouse gives them that with the different choices available. There is even a zoo area where children can read and learn about different zoo animals.
9. Spanish Activities- I love that I found this section on ABCmouse. Since I am teaching my children Spanish, they can practice what they learn through puzzles, games, and audiobooks. Even my oldest children who take Spanish classes at school benefit from listening to the audiobooks, since they can hear the way words are supposed to be pronounced and learn new vocabulary as well.
10. Printables- There are a ton of printables that are related to the standards as well.
My only complaint about ABCmouse is that it is too engaging! My children love ABCmouse and ask to use it daily. We don't watch television, but I do make an exception for ABCmouse and educational videos we get free with Amazon Prime. Preschoolers should have no more than 20 minutes of screen time daily (including all devices), so we choose what screen activity they will do. I set a timer and once it is finished, it's time to do something else.
Overall, ABCmouse is a great supplement to your preschool homeschool curriculum. It helps to reinforce the skills that you are teaching your child, as well as allows them to increase their skills and become advanced.
Try a FREE 30-Day Trial now:
What is your favorite part of ABC mouse? Let me know in the comments below.